Services Offered by Deposit Bond Australia
The variety of services offered by Deposit Bond Australia can be discussed as follows-
The Deposit Bond- This is the financial guarantee that has been accepted as a legal substitute for the cash deposit required for the cash deposit that is required by the vendor to be paid by the Purchaser when committing to buy property. The Deposit Bond value can be for any amount up to 10% of the agreed purchase price. Purchaser must then pay 100% of the agreed Contract price plus acquisition costs at the time of settlement.
It is to be noted that if the purchaser defaults, then under the terms of the Contract, the Vendor will become entitled to retain the deposit. As an unconditional guarantee, the Underwriter is legally obligated to pay the Vendor’s/deposit holder’s claim on demand within the terms stipulated on the Deposit Bond. Once paid, the Underwriter has a full legal right of recovery against the Purchasers and Guarantors.
The QBE deposit bonds are accepted all across the Australian state and territories.
Deposit bond benefits-
For instance, the purchasers are not required to provide any form of security and thus allowing you to retain full flexibility of your assets
- Cash Savings that are neither used nor quarantined
- Fixed-term deposits are kept intact without the risk of incurring hefty premature break charges
- Share portfolios can be held, avoiding any need to redeem at an inopportune time risking diminished capital value or loss of dividend
For the second instance, for qualifying, the purchaser must have for proving their financial capacity to settle by written evidence of
- Sufficient equity in hard assets (real estate, public company shares, and fixed-term deposits) owned at the time of application.
- The adequate income to service all current and the proposed liabilities
The competitive price of the Bond- The annualised cost of Residential Deposit Bonds ranges from 1.25 – 3.3%, which is particularly cost-effective and compares favourably with alternate deposit options.
The Combination Deposits- This is very useful when there is a requirement for payment of a 10% deposit can adversely impact a purchaser’s ability to buy their home. These bonds can be used in conjunction with cash deposits. This reflects the combination of a 5% deposit bond and 5% savings.
The DBA provides the deposit bonds of
- Residential Deposit Bonds from 6 weeks to 60 months
- Commercial Deposit Bonds for up to 48 months
- Common Usage: Individual or Corporate Owner Occupiers or Investors; First Home Buyer; Self-Employed; Retiree; Company Trust and SMSF Applicants.